Schmidt Gasketed Plate Heat Exchangers
Plate heat exchangers use corrugated plates stacked between a fixed and movable pressure plate. Plate heat exchangers can have large amounts of effective heat transfer surface in a small footprint. It is not uncommon that a plate heat exchanger will have the same thermal capacity as a shell and tube five times larger. Our plate heat exchangers incorporate superior design features to ensure long-term performance and customer satisfaction.
Typical Applications Include:
- Lube Oil Cooling
- Free Cooling
- Boiler Blow Down Recovery
- Cooling Tower Isolation
- Swimming Pool Heating
- Greenhouse Heating
- Unique corrugation pattern pressed onto each plate produces the highest overall heat transfer rate by assuring turbulent flow and excellent fluid distribution across the entire surface, generating a much higher heat transfer coefficient that that of a shell and tube exchanger.
- True counter current flow and high heat transfer rate allows our plate heat exchangers to economically handle close temperature approach requirements. As close as 1 degree Farhrenheit
- High quality gaskets precisely fit the plate grooves for positive sealing and ease of maintenance.
- Superior clip-on gasket design ensures proper fit during closing of the unit
- Double sealing design prevents the possibility of mixing the two process fluids; leak detect feature ensures any leakage is to the atmosphere.
- Zinc coated hardware provides long life
- All bolted construction for easier service
- Low volumetric fluid hold-up provides quicker response to heating and cooling demands, while reducing costs for more expensive process fluids
- Readily expanded for greater capacities, or totally new applications
- Available in a variety of plate sizes for industrial, HVAC, power, or food industry applications
- Units can be easily disassembled for easy cleaning of the plate pack
- Units can be designed for future plate expansion of your application
- Temperature -40°F – 400°F (-29°C – 200°C)
- Pressure Vacuum to 400 psig (30bar)
- Capacities In excess of 20,000 GPM (4,500m³/h)
- Connections Up to 20 in. (DN500)
- TECHNICAL PARAMETERS.
- AISI 304 stainless steel (1.4301)
- AISI 316L stainless steel (1.4404)
- AISI 316TI stainless steel (1.4571)
Higher Alloy Materials Available
- AISI 904 stainless steel, SMO 254, Nickel alloys, pure nickel, Ti and Ti-Pd alloy
- Thickness 0.4 mm to 1.15 mm
- Standard Nitrile rubber gasket
- EPDM rubber
- Chloroprene rubber
- PTFE coated
- Food industry certified gasket, AFM hard gaskets, others available
Frame Painted carbon steel, or stainless steel (solid and clad)
Standard Studded with option for liner, flanges (ANSI, DIN), food stuff connections
Exotics Ti, SMO, hastelloy, and 904L, others available
Codes and Standards ASME, PED, ABS, LRS, GL, BV, GOST
Brazed Plate Heat Exchangers
Our brazed plate heat exchangers represent the most compact, rugged and cost-effective means of transferring heat in many industrial, process, and refrigerant applications. Built from 316 stainless steel with copper brazing materials, they provide exceptional corrosion resistance. Due to the smaller size and reduced material content, they can be the most economical heat transfer choice.
- Corrugated plates produce highly turbulent flow in a true counter-current direction, resulting in high efficiency and a very compact heat exchanger design
- Suitable for a wide variety of heat exchanger applications with reliable quality and excellent performance
- Made from 316 stainless-steel plates and copper or nickel brazing materials
- Available with 3/4" to 4" NPT, Soldering SAE Type, or Flanged connections
- Capacities of 20 GPM to 385 GPM, 1/2 Ton to 100 Ton
- Approvals include UL Stamp and ASME UM stamp