Thermal Products and Indeeco have some exciting news to share. Indeeco has recently secured their agency approvals related to Flange Immersion heaters for the international markets with ATEX and IECEx approvals. The bullets below are specifics relating to the certification.
• ATEX Equipment Group: II (locations above ground)
• ATEX Equipment Category: 2 (Hazard is likely to occur)
• ATEX Environment: G (Gas/Vapor) and/or D (Dust)
• Protection Level (EPL): Gb (for Gas/Vapor) and/or Db (for Dust)
• Equipment Zone: Zone 1 (Gas/Vapor) and/or Zone 21 (Dust)
• Protection Method: Ex db (Gas/Vapor) and/or Ex tb (Dust)
• Group: IIB+H2 (Gas/Vapor) and/or IIIC (Dust)
• Temperature Class (Gas/Vapor): T1‐T6, or Surface Temperature Marking xxx°C as required
• Temperature Class (Dust): Surface Temperature Marking xxx°C with & without dust as required
• Ambient Temperature: within range ‐60°C to +60°C (‐25°C to +40°C standard)
• Environmental: IP66
We look forward to to discussing your electric heater needs with you to layout options when it comes to ATEX and IECEx approvals. Contact your local Thermal Products office to discuss your applciation, today.